Yesterday was Gracie's first birthday. I can't believe it! This year has flown by (except in the wee hours of the morning when I was up with a cranky baby). Everyone always tells you that it goes by so fast, but you don't realize just how fast until it happens to you. I have to admit, the first few months were pretty tough and overwhelming. I think lack of sleep was the major factor there. However, Gracie has brought John and me more joy than we ever thought possible.
I have mixed emotions about Gracie's birthday. I am so incredibly thankful to the Lord for blessing us with such a happy, healthy baby. But I am also kinda sad that she isn't an infant anymore. What? She's not ready to be a toddler...at least, I'm not sure if I'm ready for her to be a toddler. Gracie is changing so quickly. She learns so fast and shows some new skill every day. My little baby is starting to grow up! She is such a blessing. The Lord has given me an awesome family!
We are going to the doctor for her one year check-up today. I am anxious to see how much she has grown. On Saturday, we will be having her birthday party. I'm so excited!!!! I'll have more pictures up soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment