Monday, July 7, 2008

The Bare Truth


Well, we went to the doctor today for Gracie's four month check-up. Her height and weight are off the charts, literally! They don't have a percentile range for her. :-) Must be all that high-quality breast-milk. She has now outgrown her 3-6 month clothes even though she is only 4 months old. She weighes 16 lbs. 10 oz. and is 26.25 in. long. She had to get 4 shots today. I HATE when she gets shots. I feel so sorry for her. She just sits there peacefully, not knowing what is coming to her. Then, she gives this horrible scream, and with each shot her screaming gets progressively louder. She actually does really well; it only took me about a minute to get her calmed down. I hate to see her go through that though. I can't imagine how hard it must be on parents to have a child that is terminally sick and to see them go through so much pain. John and I feel so blessed that the Lord has given us such a healthy child. On a lighter note, I thought this was a cute picture. Little baby butts are so cute, but dangerous too. Changing diapers is sometimes like playing Russian roulette, you never know when the baby is loaded and ready to blow.

No comments: