Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Growing Boy


So, Cooper is now 7 1/2 months old. That is CRAZY! He is growing up so fast! I forgot to put info up about his 6 month check-up. He is still in the 90th percentile for height but has bumped up to the 75th percentile for weight. I think it is because of the formula and solid food he is eating now. I am still breastfeeding, but I give Cooper one formula feeding a day to replace an evening feeding so that I don't have to pump my milk at work. (You should see the reaction my students at work used to give me when they asked me what I was doing in the closet while they were on break. I had one girl say, "Oh my gosh, that is so gross!" Teenagers!) As far as solid food goes, his favorite food is sweet potatoes and he loves Gerber wagon wheels. His stomach does seem to be more sensitive than Gracie's was, so we really have to watch what we give him.

Cooper has been sitting up for a while but is not crawling yet. Gracie didn't crawl until 10 months, and I wonder if Cooper will be the same way. He gets held and carried around a lot, so I think that he doesn't feel the need to crawl. Cooper is definitely a momma's boy right now. When anyone else holds him, he looks at me and whines. When I come home from work (even though I've only been gone for about 3 hours), when he hears me come in, he starts fussing. It seems like once he realizes that I had left him, he gets angry! Out and about, every one talks about how mellow he is, but at home he definitely has his "high maintenance" moments.

He has no teeth poking through yet, but they are definitely bothering him. It is amazing how hard he can bite down on my finger even though he has no teeth. Cooper is such a sweet little boy! I am excited to see the wonderful young man he will grow into.

I LOVE this picture!








"Excuse me?"


1 comment:

Tractor Mom said...

The one in the carseat he looks just like you!! He is getting to be such a big boy!