Gosh, I love that sweet smile! My little man had his 4 month check-up last week. He is in the 85th percentile for height and 50th for weight. He's definitely a healthy boy, but it is still strange to have a "smaller" child. Gracie was completely off the charts for both height and weight for almost the entire first year. She was always a size ahead of where she should have been. It's amazing how wonderfully different they are...it keeps things interesting! Praise the Lord for my healthy children! I am so blessed!On a side note, Coop is talking up a storm. At home, he constantly coos and squeals. He and Gracie will squeal at each other sometimes; it is so funny to see her get him going. It is amazing how quickly he responds to her already, and she likes playing with him as well. He will play on the floor or in his exersaucer much longer when she is with him. The one thing I have realized is that we are going to have to teach Gracie that she can't give him toys that have small parts that he might choke him. She gave him a soft rubber bracelet the other day when I wasn't looking that he immediately tried to put in his mouth.
This week has been somewhat miserable for Cooper as he seems to be dealing with some teething pain. It looks like he may cut some side teeth before his front (if his swollen gums are any indication). I hope he cuts them soon because he sure has had a hard week. We have tried several different teethers and, like Gracie, he doesn't like any of them. We've tried various cold things and he likes those. He seems to prefer chewing on cloth things rather than plastic. He has also started random night-waking. That has been really hard to adjust to since he had been sleeping through the night for the last two months. It's probably been about a week and a half since I've gotten a full night of sleep. For example, last night Coop went to bed at 1 am and then Gracie came in wide awake at 6:45 when she normally sleeps until 9:00. I have learned, unfortunately, that my patience level with my children seems to be proportional to the amount of sleep I get at night. Oh well, this, too shall pass. :-)
2 comments:
Cooper is getting big! Look at those long legs!
Have you tried wash clothes that have been in the freezer or refrigerator? Cold cantolope worked for Hamp. You just have to watch him with it.
Good luck--we're dealing with Hamp cutting in his back molers!
Frozen washcloths were the only thing Gracie ever liked. I haven't tried them yet with Cooper though.
Post a Comment